Housekeeping: Did We miss anything....

This board is for the January 2008 Curvemeister 101 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Frits, thanks for the shortcut data.
Joe S

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Greg, in regard to the COMPARE function it seems to be working today but leads to another question. I am using CM 301. Should I download 305? Do I have to make any adjustments if I download it?
Thanks Joe S

Postby -default » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:08 pm

Yes, thanks Frits. 

This  chart is also in the manual, the last item in the Getting Started section.  Or use the search function to find the word "quick".

The customize window allows you to set your own keyboard shortcuts, and to add your own shortcuts or command bar buttons.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Greg, in regard to the COMPARE function it seems to be working today but leads to another question. I am using CM 301. Should I download 305? Do I have to make any adjustments if I download it?
Thanks Joe S

If you have the purchased version of the CM program you can download the 3.05 version for free.  Mike posted a link earlier in the class  I think...Adjustments??  You might/will have to remove the old version and you might/will lose your customization if you have done any...i.e. white on the left or Zone System vs. default scale...etc.

Greg

Postby -default » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:58 pm

Here's the link:
http://curvemeister.com/downloads/cm3_beta/

3.0.5 is still beta because it has problems with losing the pins for some systems.  As a workaround, it seems to work if you click No when the installer asks whether you want to remove the previous version of curvemeister.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:11 am

Mike/Greg, in the solution for the toy store (and others) you have the mask table set on the left side similar to the pin table. When I open masks they are spread across the whole screen. How is it set up in a table as you have.
Thanks Joe S

Postby -default » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:44 am

These are Office style docking palettes that are very flexible in what they can do.  For example, they can dock on the edges of the main window, and even next to each other, which is handy if you have two monitors.  To move the mask carte around, click and drag the top banner of the carte, and drag it near the edge you want to dock to.

There is a video showing how to do some of these docking maneuvers.  Check it out and see if there's something I'm missing in my description.

I remember we had a similar discussion re the curve window.  If docking is just not working on your system, there may be some sort of global setting I don't know about that is different on your system, or a version issue.  I have not tested the docking in systems earlier than Windows 2000, though I understand it should work all the way back to Windows ME and 98.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:25 am

Silly question - but will this 'class' part of the forum still be open for viewing after the class (I'm guessing it will be locked and I can post further questions in the main forum)?  I suspect I will need to dip into all your comments again as I work with CM. 

Postby -default » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:06 am

Hi Manda,

The forum will remain open, so that you can refer to it or post questions here indefinitely.  The class materials may change or be moved, so be sure to download any images that you may want to use.

Frits has created downloadable versions of the class materials.  If you are interested in them, please post here and Frits or I will arrange for you to get them.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Mike, sorry to put you thru this but I'm back to the Mask. I'm using MS XP, CM 305. When I click on the mask carte the masks come up but they are not on a palette. Each individual image is within a border. All the images are floating on a grey background. There is no banner to grab on to. I've tried various keys in combination with left click, right click and so on. If I grab the curves palette and move it around the mask pallet will move or change size based on what I do with the curves pallet. I don't seem to have control of the mask palette.
Thanks Joe S

Return to “January 2008 Curvemeister 101”