Hi

This board is for the July 2008 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:11 am

Great to be back on this amazing course.

I await instructions about when and what sort of images you would like this week

Chris

Postby -default » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:50 am

Greetings, oh mighty Zog.  For starters, a few words from each person about whatever you would like to talk about, presumably what you would like to get from the course and the sort of photography you like to do.  Also, during this first week, the theme will be playing with our own images.

Once everyone in the class has joined, this board will go "dark" and be visible only to class members.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:34 am

A few words...

I've been taking photos since I was a nipper and I'm now in my prime, being regarded as an ancient primate - so I have a bit more time to play than I use to.  This new world of digital post-processing is a gripping hobby and I've been at it for 3 years now, learning new things all the time.

My passion is macro shots - flowers and fungi, but I also enjoy taking shots of theatre stage productions, where I tend to get through about a 1000/night, compared to 30 mins for a single macro!

I'm beginning to move into the area of photo-art, to try and emphasis the image to convey the story I want to tell by changing the tones and colours (not the content) - so I'm quite happy to have outlandish/over-the-top colours or tones if necessary, rather than produce a faithful rendition of the photo.

I just love the power of curving and also use channels and blends quite a bit in my workflow.

I think Lab mode is fantastic (well not all the time) and am trying to promote it's use, for fellow amateurs, on my website - as there is surprisingly little about it on the web.

CM is a great product and I need to learn more about curving, especially in other spaces than Lab, and also the features of it that I hardly use.

As well as the input from Mike and Greg, interacting with the other class members is great and one learns so much more from bouncing ideas around us all.

So 'hello' to you all and lets learn and enjoy ourselves

All the best,
Chris

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Ahhhh!  Zog it is indeed good to see you...

I look forward to your critique of the skin tones work flow I will be bringing out in Week three and your added suggestions and comment.
I am very glad to see your prose has not lost it's luster....

Greg

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi everybody, this feels like a class reunion or the first day at secondary shool after a very long break.
Ganna

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Great to 'see' you again Ganna - I agree it is just like going back to school (my that was a long time ago).

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:20 pm

Zog,the fungi are at http://picasaweb.google.com/gremurphoto  .Hope this form of transmission works.That orange fungus turned white in two days and three days later tree and fungus were gone.G.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:43 pm

ready to begin the class!

Gale

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:00 am

Welcome Gale....

Welcome...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:30 am

Great pictures GregM - I think it looks a bit like "cock of the wood" - some of the shapes can be amazing.
Thanks
Chris

Return to “July 2008 Curvemeister 101”