A couple of images

This board is for the July 2008 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:08 pm

I assume they are for some evening activities they put on - it is Fountains Abbey - really well worth seeing

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:55 pm

Hope someone comes up with a good rendition.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:49 pm

OK...

Here is what I tried....

Created an HDR from the JPG image using CM to boost the exposure +1 and +2. 
Combined those images with the original using Dynamic HDR. 
Used Vivid and Dynamic lighting adjustments inside of Dynamic HDR to get the shadows under control.

Saved the New Jpg image out of HDR program and opened in PS and used CM to set a neutral on the wall to the left and reduce the redness using a hard break in the A channel.  Once you set the neutral, you can pin the green side of the A channel and mark a spot in the floor where the color is pretty saturated.  Adjust the marked spot to reduce the red until the floor looks "normal"

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:11 pm

I wonder if there are any micae or rati in that cellarium?

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:28 am

This is a devil of an image - what sort of impression do we want to give to the viewer?

I think GregM's crop is the best way to go for the vertical image, it also aligns the people on a 1/3rd.  He has gone for a dark satanic mill feel - just right for Yorkshire (?).  Alternatively one could go for this sort of rendition - with warm summer light flooding the arches!

I have absolutely no idea which way to explore, although thinking about it a little, the roof stonework is not particularly interesting, just rough old stone, so it must be the arches and the scale which one would want to emphasise, not the detail in the roof.

Return to “July 2008 Curvemeister 101”