julie angkor thom

This is the discussion thread for the September 2010 Class.
imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:47 am

Hi Greg
Hope I am really back. Life has settled but the warm weather has finally arrived. I am making hard choices between the outdoors and the computer.
Any way I did this in RGB. Over the last year I had really stopped using RGB except to correct blue shadows. I have promised myself to remember it exists.
I forgot to save the acv file but reopened the original and clicked the little yellow box. I think this will give you the idea. I was suprpised how effective this was. I have made the steps a little dark now I look at it again. Is it all a bit yellow?
Julie
Attachments
temple-rgb-jpg
temple-rgb-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 5520 times
templergb-jpg
templergb-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 5520 times

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:10 am

Greg
I can see this was way esier in rgb. I made everything way too yellow in lab in an attempt to incease the colour of the cloaks. It took a while to make the coloumn on the right look reasonable again.
I do like the grays in lab more than in the rgb. Can you tell me what made the difference?
I also managed the steps in the background better (I think) but i am more used to working in lab. I need to remember to use rgb for more than removing the blue in shadows
Julie
Attachments
temple-lab-jpg
temple-lab-jpg (263.64 KiB) Viewed 5520 times
templelab-copy-jpg
templelab-copy-jpg (236.92 KiB) Viewed 5520 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:00 am

Julie,
It is still a tad bit yellow,  The primary difference is that in RGB you can have multiple neutrals based on brightness.  In LAB you are betting the image on a single neutral choice and if you miss you have to start over or work too hard on the color.

It can be image dependent but it is always worth at try in LAB.  Nothing ventured nothing gained...Glad you are having a better week and that the weather has turned...We on the other hand are getting into Fall and all the trees have turned RED and yellow and Brown...Sigh...next we get snow....

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:58 am

Snow! How exciting.

Where I live is considered cold by Australian standards but in the 25 years I have lived here snow has only settled once and only for one day.

A small mountain overlooking Hobart gets snow on it a few times a year and there is a traffic jam caused by people driving to the mountain for maybe one inch of snow. 

I guess it would be a pain after a while but it sounds wonderful.
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:02 pm

LOL...
IN Minnesota we can get 50- 100 inches from November to March....After the first 6 inches it gets old...The nice thing is the spring and fall are so colorful after the monochrome winters...

The shovel is also not a fun tool to have in the garage...Snow can be heavy....
Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2010”