Class members: Please post here and say hello

This is the forum board for the Jan 2012 CM101 class
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:25 am

BoydMac,
Welcome to the Class. 

I have added you to the member group so you will see the weekly materials links when they are posted.
Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Greetings everyone,
I'm Greg and I will be leading the class over the next 6 weeks.  First, a little bit about myself.  I am a freelance photographer, educator, and computer support guy from Minneapolis Minnesota.  I finished my photographic schooling 35 years ago and converted to digital darkroom about 10 years ago.  During my school I ran and QA'd the schools E-6, RA4, and C-41 Labs.  I have taught Black and White Photography, Color, and Wedding Photography and now Curvemeister. 

I started with Curvemeister just like you are, by buying the plug-in and asking questions.  After striking up a profound friendship with Mike Russell and just hanging around asking serious questions and helping find the answers,  Mike asked me to help with the class.  That was 3 1/2 years ago; little did I know I was going to be the primary instructor for the classes.  After helping Mike teach the class a few times I was asked to take over.  Along the way I have learned more than I ever thought I wanted to about curves, digital images, and Photoshop. 

I want to be very clear that I am not the definitive word on Photoshop and many times you the students will teach me a new trick or 2 in the classes.  I might also teach you a new skill in Photoshop as well so we'll both be working together on this stuff.

The Curvemeister forum is an open and "Flame Free" area where we try to treat everyone with respect and kindness.  We try very hard to answer questions with a open mind and a touch of empathy.  We want you to understand how curves work because we quite simply think they are the most powerful tool in your Photoshop tool bag and we hope to show you why. 

I want to leave you at this point with a simple statement....
There are no dumb questions here...OK maybe a few but we'll answer them anyway. 

Have fun and ask lots of questions...we cannot help you if we do not know something is wrong.
Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 - January 2012”