Trying to soften selection error

Report and discuss Curvemeister bugs here.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi Mike,
I'm trying to use masks and I wanted to soften the selection using 'light' but when I did it I got this message:
'Could not complete C3 Command because DVPDoc::Read Pixels from level: Read Pixel Proc error: Stop'
I verified that this was happening by repeating the process several time (yeah, I know...definition of idiocy). 
I'm taking Sarah's class and I'm having trouble with the masks commands in general.  When I follow the class example everything is fine but if I try to use something other than LAB to make my mask it doesn't make it to CS3.  I just get a totally white mask - i.e. loose my selection.  I see that other people are having problems with this too.  I hope you can fix it in 3.06.  It's a really nice feature.
j.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:26 pm

Oops, I think I'm on version 3.8 of CM3 10.01.  Are these problems caused by big files?  I have a 12+ mega pixel camera...
j

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Hey Jodz,

Are you doing the paste part of the process correctly?

remember the general process is create the mask ; use the copy Icon to copy it to the clipboard;  Close CM and go back to PS or PSE. 

Highlight the mask layer and alt click on the white square

I use The Edit menu to paste the channel into the mask.  Edit > Paste.

You should have shot2.jpg when you are done...

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:56 pm

BTW it is not idiocy to try to repeat a problem that is called bug testing...if it is highly repeatable it can be handled correctly.  I'm uncertain if CM is the culprit.  Can you give Mike the step by step process you use so he can try to break his copy??

Hang in there...

Greg

Postby -default » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:20 pm

The error Jodie describes is definitely a bug.  I'll see about recreating the problem.

12 mega pixels is not a problem at all.  Curvemeister will do up to 50 megapixels, possibly more depending on your system memory configuration.

Postby -default » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:49 am

Jodie, I'm having problems getting your exact bug to happen.  I've tried various sized images in 16 bit mode, including larger than 12 megapixels.  If you can give me the bit depth and size of the image that will give me a better shot at recreating the problem.

Meantime, there is a similar bug involving selections in 16 bit mode.  I'll work on that bug and see if the one you found is fixed at the same time.

Return to “Report Curvemeister Bugs”