Win7 Computer & PSE 8

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:55 am

I am the proud owner of a brand new computer with Windows 7 and just got my new copy of PSE 8.  Question is:  prior to this I had a Win XP SP3 machine with PSE 5 and I purchased Curvemeister in April, 2008 and used it with that configuration.  Will it work with my new machine and software?  Am I needing to upgrade the software?  I wasn't 100% clear from what I read on the website and just want to be sure before I proceed.  Thanks much. ;D

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Curvemeister does work with PSE8 and Win 7  I use it all the time...

The issue is that the current version of the installer does not find the PSE8 directory by default.  You will have to manually change the destination to your PSE8 Plugins folder.

The Curvemeister.8bf file has to be in the plugins folder for the filter to show up in PSE.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 pm

I second Greg's comment.

I had Photoshop CS3 on XP Pro. When I upgraded to 7 64 bit, CS3 wouldn't work. It wouldn't reinstall either. Since I mostly shoot video now, I decided to buy PSE8. It installed and ran just fine. You do have to manually put the Curvemeister plug in where Greg says.

One of the big reason I could go to PSE8 was because Curvemeister works in it. Most of the video pullouts that I edit are pretty much run through just Noise Ninja, Focus Magic, and Curvemeister. I wasn't using half the power of CS3.

Clyde

Return to “Interesting Images”