acquaintance of Curvemeister in the Dutch World

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:08 pm

Mike,
by several occasions, lastly on the annual  big computer-meeting THE  HCC in Utrecht , there are a corner with photo ( shop) and elements enthusiast persons.
When I asked, do you now Curvemeister, they said, it is unknown.
So, I tried to promote it on several occasions.
So, i look frequently in the members list or I can detect dutch members.
So far I know, I am the only one.
Strange!!

For a couple of months ago , I had a discussion about Curvemeister with a dutch teacher of photography  on the internet. So he said, he had never heard of Curvemeister and he would look at your site and give the address of it to his students.
But, he said about what I told him over Curvemeister that this was overtaken.
Not necessary anymore. But he had not looked to curvemeister  before he said that.
So, it looks to me strange that no dutchman or women knows about Curvemeister.
Have you a explanation or do you know more people from Holland who use Curvemeister ?

Frits

BBushe

Postby BBushe » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:13 pm

overtaken?

well it's hard to teach teachers sometimes!

I don't think there is anything you can do in curvemeister that you can't do in some other way, much the same as I can walk to the petrol station and bring back cans of petrol for my car (a lot of cans, it has a 70 liter tank!), or I can drive there and get it done a heck of a lot faster.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:37 pm

overtaken?

well it's hard to teach teachers sometimes!

I don't think there is anything you can do in curvemeister that you can't do in some other way, much the same as I can walk to the petrol station and bring back cans of petrol for my car (a lot of cans, it has a 70 liter tank!), or I can drive there and get it done a heck of a lot faster.

Bbuse,
I have searched and found the discussion. It is pity you can't read dutch.
But he said this in Dutch to me when we discussed Curvemeister.

"Trouwens het werken in Lab en andere gelijkaardige kleurmodellen is wat voorbijgestreefd en niet echt relevant."

A light translation in English:
Working in Lab mode and other colormodels are not relevant, they are farther with it.

But I think I go asking to the biggest dutch computermagazine Computertotaal from the Dutch HCC or they like
to investigate  Curvemeister.
They do that every month; many programs and hardware  and other stuff.
I hope they do that.
This month they have it about over Irfanview 3.98.
Not the program itself, that was in the past, but the possibility,
to use Photoshop plugins. they explained how to do that, and that you can use a lot of photoshop-plugins for irfanvie3.98.
So, I tried this to day with Cuvemeisterplugin. But no it didn't work.
there are two ways to implement the plugins, and I tried one way.
But I think that Curvemeister plug in is a exception to these possibilities.

Frits

Postby -default » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:49 pm

Hi Frits,

Among non English speaking coutries, Germany is the biggest curvemeister customer (probably due to the name :-), followed by Holland.

I'm excited about any new discussions of Curvemeister in other countries, and people like yourself, who can speak English, are a big help in this regard.  Much appreciated!

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:57 pm

Hi Frits,

Among non English speaking countries, Germany is the biggest curvemeister customer (probably due to the name :-), followed by Holland.

I'm excited about any new discussions of Curvemeister in other countries, and people like yourself, who can speak English, are a big help in this regard.  Much appreciated!

Mike

Mike,

I have written already  to computertotaal ( http://www.computertotaal.nl/) and asked to investigate Curvemeister. I gave some addresses.
So, it is waiting or they do that.
They have already seen my mail. ( readnotify.com)

Frits

Return to “Interesting Images”